I. STANDBY TAPS. $30.00 mo for parcels with one water share attached, no meter.
II. ACTIVE TAPS. If expansion, modification, or change in use of a building requires additional water flow, an upsized meter may be connected at the cost of installation plus the difference in price between the original meter and the required new meter.
A. SINGLE-UNIT RESIDENTIAL
- 0 up to 20,000 gals = $40.00/mo
- 20,001 up to 40,000 gals - $1.00/1,000 gals
- 40,001 up to 50,000 gals - $2.00/1,000 gals
- 50,001 gals and up - $3.00/1,000 gals
B. NON-RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL, INSTITUTIONAL
- 0 up to 20,000 gals = $40.00/mo
- 20,001 up to 40,000 gals - $2.00/1,000 gals
- 40,001 gals and up - $3.00/1,000 gals
C. COMMERCIAL USE SHORT-TERM RENTALS & TRANSIENT LODGING UNITS. Applicable to (i) single-family dwellings, (ii) resorts, (iii) bed & breakfast, (iv) apartment, (v) loft, (vi) vacation rental, (vii) hotel/motel rooms rented or leased at rates beginning by the hour and up to a forty-five (45) day period, or other temporary living quarter. Proof of a valid business license, conditional use permit, etc, required by the Town of Leeds Ordinances must be provided to LDWA to maintain water service connection.
- 0 up to 5,000 gals = $25.00
- 5,000 up to 10,000 gals = $5.90 / 1,000 gals
- 10,000 up to 20,000 gals = $6.96 / 1,000 gals
- 20,000 up to 30,000 gals = $8.21 / 1,000 gals
- 30,000 up to 40,000 gals = $9.44 / 1,000 gals
- 40,000 and up = $10.57 / 1,000 gals
III. METER RENTAL RATES - APPLICATION REQUIRED.
- Security Deposit (refundable if meter returned in good condition) = $1,500.00.
- $50.00 the first day, $25.00 each additional day; plus $5.00 per 1,000 gallons.
- If rental period exceeds thirty (30) days, meter is subject to periodic inspection by authorized LDWA personnel.
IV. NEW CONSTRUCTION. Property owners of parcels existing prior to January 1, 2016 that do not own a culinary water share attached to the proposed build parcel shall: (1) purchase one water share [allocated by the Association] to the proposed build parcel; and (2) complete all LDWA construction requirements prior to beginning excavation, digging, footer installation, or any other building related construction. If the requirements are not satisfied, culinary water service to the parcel shall not be guaranteed. This requirement is in addition to Town of Leeds requirements.
V. IMPACT FEES 2019
VI. WATER CONNECTION FEES updated 2019
- Existing Standby Tap Parcels, Stubbed Line, current account balance - $1,750.00
- No existing stubbed line - $2,500.00
VII. ONE CULINARY WATER SHARE PURCHASE - $8,400.00.
VIII. PARCELS CREATED, SUBDIVIDED OR ANNEXED INTO LDWA SERVICE AREA.
Based on the 2015 Capacity Analysis Engineering Study completed for LDWA as required by the Division of Drinking Water/Department of Environmental Quality (DDW/DEQ): (1) Property owners who create, subdivide, annex or increase the number of parcels within the Town of Leeds after December 31, 2015 shall be required to provide Warranted Water Rights, the Water Source and Water Storage in addition to the costs for Water Distribution within LDWA's service area; and (2) LDWA shall not provide culinary water to a secondary parcel that is created from an existing parcel within its service area.
IX. WATER SHARE REINSTATEMENT FEE.
Initial Fee of $5,000.00, increase of 10% month and capped at $8,400.00, the current cost for a water share. For Share Cancellation Policies in compliance with the LDWA Bylaws, see Billing & Collection Policy.
X. ADMINISTRATIVE FEES.
•Copies of Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, Amendments, Resolutions - No Charge. •Returned Check Fee = $45.00, or the cost to LDWA, whichever is greater. •Account Transfer = $50.00. •Copies of additional documents such as meeting minutes = $.15 page.
RES 2015-06 THEFT OF WATER UTILITIES.
Theft of water, damage, destruction, vandalism to LDWA public culinary water utility are criminal violations: UT State Code & Penalties.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF FIRE HYDRANTS IS ILLEGAL.
Water theft will be permanent record with the Utah Washington County Sheriff Department. $500.00 minimum fine is subject to additional fees. Payment is the responsibility of the property owner of legal record.
INFRASTRUCTURE LOAN DDW #3F138 (aka ‘PROJECT UPGRADE’). All accounts are charged $20.00/mo for repayment of DDW/DEQ LOAN #3F138 for 2010 infrastructure improvements.