I. STANDBY TAPS. $30.00 mo for parcels with one water share attached, no meter.
II. ACTIVE TAPS. If expansion, modification, or change in use of a building requires additional water flow, an upsized meter may be connected at the cost of installation plus the difference in price between the original meter and the required new meter.
A. SINGLE-UNIT RESIDENTIAL
- 0 up to 20,000 gals = $40.00/mo
- 20,001 up to 40,000 gals - $1.00/1,000 gals
- 40,001 up to 50,000 gals - $2.00/1,000 gals
- 50,001 gals and up - $3.00/1,000 gals
B. NON-RESIDENTIAL, COMMERCIAL, INDUSTRIAL, INSTITUTIONAL
- 0 up to 20,000 gals = $40.00/mo
- 20,001 up to 40,000 gals - $2.00/1,000 gals
- 40,001 gals and up - $3.00/1,000 gals
C. COMMERCIAL USE SHORT-TERM RENTALS & TRANSIENT LODGING UNITS. Applicable to (i) single-family dwellings, (ii) resorts, (iii) bed & breakfast, (iv) apartment, (v) loft, (vi) vacation rental, (vii) hotel/motel rooms rented or leased at rates beginning by the hour and up to a forty-five (45) day period, or other temporary living quarter. Proof of a valid business license, conditional use permit, etc, required by the Town of Leeds Ordinances must be provided to LDWA to maintain water service connection.
- 0 up to 5,000 gals = $25.00
- 5,000 up to 10,000 gals = $5.90 / 1,000 gals
- 10,000 up to 20,000 gals = $6.96 / 1,000 gals
- 20,000 up to 30,000 gals = $8.21 / 1,000 gals
- 30,000 up to 40,000 gals = $9.44 / 1,000 gals
- 40,000 and up = $10.57 / 1,000 gals
III. METER RENTAL RATES - APPLICATION REQUIRED.
- Security Deposit (refundable if meter returned in good condition) = $1,500.00.
- $50.00 the first day, $25.00 each additional day; plus $5.00 per 1,000 gallons.
- If rental period exceeds thirty (30) days, meter is subject to periodic inspection by authorized LDWA personnel.
IV. NEW CONSTRUCTION. Property owners must own one CULINARY water share with LDWA and complete all LDWA building requirements PRIOR to commencing parcel excavation, digging, footer installation, or any other building or construction. If this requirement is bypassed, LDWA does not guarantee provision of culinary water service to the parcel. This requirement is in addition to the Town of Leeds building requirements.
V. IMPACT FEES 2019
VI. WATER CONNECTION FEE - INSTALLATION OF WATER METER $1,750.00.
VII. ONE CULINARY WATER SHARE PURCHASE - $8,400.00.
VIII. PARCELS CREATED, SUBDIVIDED OR ANNEXED INTO LDWA SERVICE AREA.
Based on the 2015 LDWA Capacity Analysis, property owners may be required to provide Warranted Water Rights, Water Source, Water Storage, and Water Distribution to LDWA.
IX. WATER SHARE REINSTATEMENT FEE.
Initial Fee of $5,000.00, increase of 10% month and capped at $8,400.00, the current cost for a water share. For Share Cancellation Policies in compliance with the LDWA Bylaws, see Billing & Collection Policy.
X. ADMINISTRATIVE FEES.
•Copies of Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, Amendments, Resolutions - No Charge. •Returned Check Fee = $45.00, or the cost to LDWA, whichever is greater. •Account Transfer = $50.00. •Copies of additional documents such as meeting minutes = $.15 page.
RES 2015-06 THEFT OF WATER UTILITIES.
Theft of water, damage, destruction, vandalism to LDWA public culinary water utility are criminal violations: UT State Code & Penalties.
UNAUTHORIZED USE OF FIRE HYDRANTS IS ILLEGAL.
Water theft will be permanent record with the Utah Washington County Sheriff Department. $500.00 minimum fine is subject to additional fees. Payment is the responsibility of the property owner of legal record.
INFRASTRUCTURE LOAN DDW #3F138 (aka ‘PROJECT UPGRADE’). All accounts are charged $20.00/mo for repayment of DDW/DEQ LOAN #3F138 for 2010 infrastructure improvements.